Problems facing the US
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Income Inequality[edit | edit source]
- Table of inequality factors such as inequality for income, literacy, infant mortality, child poverty, single parent families. The most risk is to those who are now age 35-55, or Gen X.
Obamacare[edit | edit source]
- Justice Roberts says Obamacare won't work. 2012. "Unfortunately, as it is now constructed, the plan will backfire causing fewer healthy people to buy insurance, raise premiums for those who do, destroy employment opportunities, cripple the health insurance industry, and weaken the economy."
- 52 Reasons why Obamacare won't work. From 2013.
- Estimates were way off. PDF from the CBO themselves. 2014-10.
- Why Obamacare exchanges are failing. 2015.
- Obamacare exchanges failing. Wall Street Journal. 2015.
- Young and healthy people steer clear of this wealth transfer scheme.
- You have to pay a fine, for not using a service.
- Massive assumptions there were not based on facts.
- 50% of Obamacare co-ops are failing.
- 46% of Obamacare co-ops are failing. Forbes. 2015. "It started in February, when CoOportunity Health, which operated in Iowa and Nebraska, was ordered into liquidation. In July, Louisiana’s insurance department announced it was shuttering that state’s co-op. The following month brought news that Nevada’s co-op would also close. On September 25, New York ordered the shutdown of Health Republic Insurance of New York, which had the largest enrollment of all of the co-ops. Then, within the space of a week in mid-October, the number of failures doubled from four to eight, as state insurance regulators announced that they were closing the co-ops in Kentucky, Tennessee, Colorado and one of the two in Oregon. Last week came news that South Carolina’s co-op will be closed, followed this week by the announcement that Utah’s co-op is also being shut down."
- 400,000 citizens to lose health insurance (again) due to Obamacare fails. Forbes. 2015.
- Why Obamacare fails the poor and middle class. 2015-03-04.
- Obamacare is bad for health care socialism. 2015. "And the states that participated most fully, by building and running their own exchanges, are now struggling to maintain the systems that they built under Obamacare. As the Times points out, it’s not just Vermont that’s struggling: Hawaii looks increasingly likely to shut down its exchange due to its inability to raise operational funds. Massachusetts, Maryland, and Oregon created exchanges that essentially didn’t work at all. California’s exchange is already running an $80 million deficit. Some of the states are reportedly looking at ways to cut costs by integrating systems."
- Has the Obama administratino given up on Obamacare? 2015-10-16. "Yesterday, the Obama administration said that they expect to have 10 million people enrolled on the Obamacare insurance exchanges in 2016. They further said they expect to sign-up only one in four of those still uninsured and eligible during the 2016 open enrollment scheduled to begin on November 1. In 2013 the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) estimated that the Obamacare insurance exchanges would enroll an average of 22 million people during 2016."
- Obamacare analysis of failure.