Jump to navigation Jump to search
Asian garbage[edit | edit source]
- Chinese cargo vessels create most garbage in the Pacific ocean, study.
- Study: Rapid increase in Asian bottles in the South Atlantic Ocean indicates major debris inputs from ships. "Currently, 75% of bottles are from Asia, with most from China."
- Plastics make up 70% of ocean litter. Data is from LITTERBASE. LITTERBASE includes data on garbage and microplastics.
- 70% of litter sinks, from United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP). Link to come.
- An estimated 8 million tons of plastic enter the oceans each year. UNEP. Between 60-80% of garbage in the oceans is plastic.