Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Raw data sources
- 2 History
- 3 Politics
- 4 Society
- 5 Energy, Alternative
- 6 Environment
- 7 Ebooks, free, sources
- 8 Computer stuff
- 9 Projects
- 10 Wikipedia dumps
- 11 Misc stuff
- 12 Wiki stuff
Raw data sources
- Study sources, full. Sources of full studies for free.
- Data storage. Archive sites, raw storage like Google Drive, Dropbox, image sharing sites.
- Economy. CEO vs worker pay, Healthcare costs, Personal income and taxes, Unemployment, College cost, Debt, US Dollar purchasing power dropping, Small Business.
- Education articles.
- Farming. Monsanto
- Medical. Obesity rates for US and world.
- Meteorite sites around the world.
- Bernie Sanders. Failed hippie on the gov't dole. Meh. Supports socialism yet cannot prove that it works in the long term. Socialism works until you run out of other peoples' money.
- Election 2016. Hacked papers found.
- The Failure of Mainstream Science through history.
- Government hypocrisy
- Hillary Clinton. Don't forget the 20+ murders left in her wake.
- Political issues. General corruption, et al.
- Trump. Is he reversing campaign promises?
- Ch 18 Intellectual Property here as html. I don't like PDF.
- Series of PDFs from the New Zealand Gov't.
- TPPinfo.org. The official site?
- American culture. Cruel and ruthless, or encouraging independence and smart decisions?
- America and Basic monthly income. Should America cancel all welfare programs and just give a fixed amount of cash to everyone each month?
- Collapse - which countries are in trouble?
- Hacking, skimming, security breaches.
- Michigan Firearms Laws.
- Police Corruption
- Police shootings - shootings by police and criminals.
- Poverty and Welfare
- Problems facing the US and western world.
- SJWs. The worst this generation has to offer, they are entitled, close-minded, and want to stifle free speech because they cannot handle someone disagreeing with them.
- World issues. Greece.
- UN Atlas of our Changing Environment. PDF, online Flash book, and mobile version sites here. Lots of before and after pics of environmental issues. July 2018: page is there but images and books are missing.
- Global Climate Dashboard shows increasing average temperatures, decreasing ice pack, increasing CO2, and other factors you can graph on one page.
- Alternative energy
- 2016. Climate change PDF. I think it's against long-term climate change.
- 2017-06-02. Dr. Roy Spencer climate change graphs over time. Actual observed temperatures vs predictive models.
- 2017-06-02. Great graphs showing predictive models vs actual temperature observation.
- 2017-06-02. 2000 years of global temperatures. Tree ring data cannot be trusted.
- 2017-06-02. Global microwave sea surface temperature. No long-term warming here.
- 2017-06-02. Long range weather from 2500 BC to 2040 AD.
- Lake Oroville, 2011-2014. Lake levels dropping. Except in 2017 there were a lot of storms and the dam overflowed. Hundreds of people filed liability claims against the state of California and they were all categorically denied.
- Enterprise Bridge, Butte Co, CA. 2011-2014.
- Aral Sea, yearly pics 2000-2013. Sea levels dropping.
- Wikipedia Aral Sea. With images.
- Iran's shrinking Great Salt Lake.
- Lake Mead, 2000-2004. Lake levels dropping.
- Lake Mead water fell so much it needs a new, lower, intake. Another view of the Lake Mead lowering.
- More pictures of Lake Mead high and low. Has neat sliders to see more of one pic or another. Another pic of Lake Mead, before vs after.
- Lake Chad in Niger. 1972-2007. The whole post gives more examples. July 2018: server no longer there.
- World maps if sea levels went up 216ft. (Unlikely but still interesting to see low areas.)
Aquifers and fracking
- Principle aquifers in the US. Has free map of aquifers in the US as a 1.7mb PDF.
- USGS Groundwater watch. Levels of ground water, average, above or below average.
- Map of US aquifers, and US fracking sites.
- Fracking wells per county, for US.
- Fracking in Michigan, including Kent County. Includes link to list of chemicals used by SkyTruth.
- Fracking in water stressed zones. Nat geo requires DRM software that Firefox does not support.
- Water contamination in NE Pennsylvania. Map showing number of complaints per township.
- Hillary supports fracking.
- EPA scientists call foul on study findings, data inconsistent with findings.
- EcoWatch Fracking News.
- EPA scientists admit to misleading public about dangers of fracking.
- How fracking increases earthquakes.
- Wikipedia Hydraulic Fracturing.
Fracking, Anti-fracking orgs
- Food and Water watch.
- FrackFocus.org. Where companies self-report chemicals used in fracking.
- Ground Water Protection Council.
- Skytruth.org. Chemical db by SkyTruth.org.
Fracking and Earthquakes
- 2014-07-14 States with fracking see surge in earthquakes.
- 2014-09-12 Fracking related to earthquakes, who pays for damage is not clear.
- 2015-05-11 CNN Fracking likely cause of earthquakes.
- Drilling maps. Maps of fracking, power plants, and other industrial hazards.
- Fraccidents. Fracking accidents map.
- FracFocus fracking maps for US. This is more of a search engine which then shows you a map.
- FracTracker. International, US and US state maps. Click on state then zoom and pan.
Blog about poisons in food, supported by many studies. Includes some articles about sustainability.
Heat and Drought
- Number of days over 100F, Summer 2012. Map of US.
Ice Caps and Snow Pack decreasing
- Arctic News blog.
- Shrinking ice caps, 1980-2011.
- Melting glacier, 1911-2009.
- Mendenhall glacier, 1993-2010.
- Melting Muir Glacier, Alaska, 1941-2004.Another Muir Glacier comparison, 1891-2005.
- Sperry Glacier, MT, 1913-2008.
- California snow pack decreasing. 2013-2014.
- Greenland cumulative ice melt days, 1979-2007 vs 2012.
- Average US snowfall. Map.
Ebooks, free, sources
- Baen free library
- Digital Public Library of America. Not just a list of books, it's like an encyclopedia.
- First Book.
- Open Ebooks. A US gov't initiative to provide free ebooks.
- Project Gutenberg.
- History, Myths, and Legends
- Inventions. Electric, or super MPG cars.
- Perl. Perl stuff, perl 2 exe, etc.
- Computer help or programming help. StackExchange has very strict rules.
- Ebay, highlight usernames for good or bad.
- Portable Freeware sites.
- Wikimedia servers wiki entry.
- Webspace4rent.com. $3.80/mo (12 month term) gets: 1 website, 100 GB space, unlimited bandwidth, 100 email accounts, 10 MySQL databases (1GB ea). Controlled by cPanel.
- Wiki hosting services
|Service name||Monthly cost||Own domain||Notes|
|Flexwiki||Free with Ads, or $5/mo||YES|
|Milesweb||$3/mo||Free wiki transfer, free 10 Mysql dbs, 25 email accts, 5GB storage, security (read-only)|
|MWZip.||Free, ads for anon users only||YES||Pro has $5 setup fee, also FTP and SSH and ads. Only anon users see ads.|
|Hostknox.||$6/mo||Free website transfer.|
|Shoutwiki||Free with ads||YES||Free import?|
|Tiddly spot||Free tiddler||Deleted after n days of inactivity. Not MediaWiki.|
|Wiki-site||Free with ads|
- Wikipedia torrents. 11GB+ for one single file. Directory to download via web.
- Simple Wikipedia for English.
- English bz2 files. These are in multiple parts, you probably want the single part in a torrent above. More Wikipedia dumps in HTML, XML and other formats.
- Instructions for various Wikipedia downloads including readers, formats, etc. Most recent HTML format is 2008.
- Internet archive Wikipedia dumps. Careful, some are quite old.
- Kiwix software reads Wikipedia in ZIM files. Various zip files in various languages for Kiwix. Includes versions with no pictures ("nopic" in filename) and simple Wikipedia ("Simple").Other Kiwix ZIM files for Wikipedia are here. This includes English Wikipedia and Simple Wikipedia (with simpler language), and many other languages. Latest English Wikipedia: Aug 2015.
- Wikifilter offline reader reads Wikipedia dumps. WikiFilter is both a wiki text parser and a web filter. It converts wiki text stored in a wiki data-base (dump) file into html text, and sends the html text to the web browser. It requires
- a local XML dump file from here
- a web server like Apache
- a web browser like Firefox or Chrome
- Microsoft Windows
- WikiTaxi reads bz2 files. For Windows. It should run on a USB flash drive provided the flash drive was reformatted with exFAT file system because of the large 11GB+ bz2 files that are needed. Imports BZ2 files and converts them to .taxi files. So you will need at least twice the space that the BZ2 file takes up on your drive.
- WP-MIRROR manages multiple local copies of Wikipedia and related Wikipedia projects. Debian package only, also works on Ubuntu. Try running Ubuntu as a VM under windows.
- My Firefox add-ons.
- About Free Speech. By XKCD.
- HP Envy 700-074 Config: 12GB ram, intel core i5 4430 @3.0ghz, intel 4600 HD graphics (uses main memory), Windows 8 64-bit. The Intel HD Graphics P4600 processor-based graphics will support Microsoft DirectX11.1,* OpenGL* 4.0, OpenCL* 1.2 and DirectCompute 5.0 standards.
- Greasemonkey script Change strings to other strings. Also at Github.
- Primitive Skills
- Original Start page. This was done with the 'small' tag.
- Steward noticeboard
- Feature request
- Export pages
- 5 my main page counter. Page counter.
- Wikimedia markup language. Cheatsheet.
- Edit Vector.css file, default skin.
- The Wiki Matrix helps you decide which wiki to use. Includes local personal wikis like TiddlyWiki, which can be hosted at www.TiddlySpot.com for free. ...